Terry Harris is a lawyer and a mediator who provides mediation in child protection, commercial and family matters. Terry holds the Certificate in Conflict Resolution from the Justice Institute of British Columbia and instructs mediation with the Continuing Legal Education Society of B.C. and the Justice Institute of British Columbia. He graduated from the University of Victoria Law School in 1983 where he served as student President. His former career was in counselling and social service administration and he holds a degree in Psychology. He brings to mediation a unique mix of experience from his work as the Director of a crisis line, a marriage counsellor, a street youth worker, a police constable, a juvenile detention unit supervisor, and twenty years at the Bar.
1. Mediator in commercial, family or child protection mediations since 1993;
2. Former Executive Director of a Family, Marriage and Personal Counseling Agency;
3. Former shift supervisor at a Juvenile Detention Unit facility;
4. Former worker and director of a drop-in centre and street youth program directed at First Nations 13-18 year olds;
5. Former worker with emotionally disturbed children in residential settings;
6. Experience with the measurement of medical problems by multi-disciplinary professionals in personal injury cases involving children;
7. Former full time Special Police Constable;
8. Lawyer with twenty years experience with civil, criminal, and administrative law matters;
9. Committee Member, Law Society of B.C. Family Law Mediation Subcommittee;
10. Practice Advisor to Practicing Mediators, Canadian Bar Association;
11. Former Tribunal Panel Member, B.C. Children’s Commission.
12. BA, LLB, Cert in Con Res (JIBC).
1000-355 Burrard St.